BlueCard® Program quick tips
The BlueCard® Program provides a valuable service that lets you file all claims for members from other Blue Plans with Anthem Blue Cross.
Here are some key points to remember:
- Always request a current ID card from the member and make a copy of the front and back of the member’s identification (ID) card.
- Look for the three-character prefix that precedes the member’s ID number on the ID card. It is critical for confirming membership and coverage.
- Call BlueCard Eligibility at 1-800-676-BLUE (2583) to verify the patient’s membership and coverage or submit an electronic HIPAA 270 transaction (eligibility) to Anthem Blue Cross.
- Submit the claim to Anthem Blue Cross. Always include the patient’s complete identification number, which includes the three-character prefix.
- For claims inquiries, contact Anthem Blue Cross.
June 2022 Anthem Blue Cross Provider News - California