Updates to AIM Specialty Health Cardiac Clinical Appropriateness Guidelines
Effective for dates of service on and after March 14, 2021, the following updates will apply to the AIM Specialty Health®* (AIM) Advanced Imaging of the Heart and Diagnostic Coronary Angiography Clinical Appropriateness Guidelines.
Evaluation of patients with cardiac arrhythmias:
- Updated repeat transthoracic echocardiography (TTE) criteria.
- Added restrictions for patients whose initial echocardiogram shows no evidence of structural heart disease, and follow-up echocardiography is not appropriate for ongoing management of arrhythmia.
Evaluation of signs, symptoms or abnormal testing:
- Added restrictions for TTE in evaluation of palpitation and lightheadedness based on literature.
Diagnostic coronary angiography:
- Updated criteria to evaluate patients with suspected congenital coronary artery anomalies.
- Access AIM’s ProviderPortalSM directly at https://providerportal.com.
- Online access is available 24/7 to process orders in real-time, and is the fastest and most convenient way to request authorization.
- Access AIM via the Availity* Portal at https://www.availity.com. Call the AIM Contact Center toll free at 1-800-714-0040 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
For questions related to guidelines, please contact AIM via email at email@example.com. Additionally, you may access and download a copy of the current and upcoming guidelines here.
January 2021 Anthem Blue Cross Provider News - California