Updates to AIM Musculoskeletal Program Joint Surgery Clinical Approrpriateness Guidelines
In February 2020, Anthem Blue Cross notified providers in writing, effective for dates of service on and after May 17, 2020, updates will apply to the AIM Musculoskeletal Program: Joint Surgery Clinical Appropriateness Guidelines. These updates relate to the criteria in the following sections:
- Hip arthroplasty
- Knee arthroscopy and open procedures
- Shoulder arthroplasty including the removal of the indication for subacromial impingement with rotator cuff tear
- Access AIM’s ProviderPortalSM directly at providerportal.com. Online access is available 24/7 to process orders in real-time, and is the fastest and most convenient way to request authorization.
- Access AIM via the Availity Web Portal at availity.com
- Call the AIM Contact Center toll-free number: 1-877-291-0360, Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. PT.
For questions related to guidelines, please contact AIM via email at email@example.com. Additionally, you may access and download a copy of the current and upcoming guidelines here.
May 2020 Anthem Blue Cross Provider News - California