Treatment guidelines for Medical Treatment Utilization Schedule update, effective April 18, 2019
The Division of Workers’ Compensation (DWC) posted an Order adopting updates to the CA Medical Treatment Utilization Schedule (MTUS) that are applicable as of April 18, 2019.
These are the most current evidence-based recommendations drawn from the current American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine (ACOEM) Guidelines.
- Ankle and Foot Disorders Guideline (ACOEM July 16, 2018)
- Cervical and Thoracic Spine Disorders Guideline (ACOEM October 17, 2018)
- Elbow Disorders Guideline (ACOEM August 23, 2018)
- Hand, Wrist, and Forearm Disorders Guideline (ACOEM January 7, 2019)
- Workplace Mental Health: Post-traumatic Stress Disorder and Acute Stress Disorder Guideline (ACOEM December 18, 2018)
Free Access to the California MTUS Available to Providers in California
Arrangements by the DIR/DWC and The Reed Group, publisher of the “ACOEM Guidelines”, allows for free access to the MTUS for Providers involved in the California Workers’ Compensation System by signing up with the Reed Group at: www.mdguidelines.com/mtus. Additional tools are available, the Guidelines are clear, relatively concise, and expedites treatment requests and enhances knowledge of accepted evidence-based care.
April 2019 Anthem Blue Cross Provider Newsletter - California