Resources supporting our providers during COVID-19
This communication applies to the Medicaid, Medicare Advantage and Medicare-Medicaid Plan (MMP) programs for Anthem Blue Cross (Anthem).
Supporting providers and those who deliver care to our members is our top concern during the COVID-19 health emergency. Navigating the rapidly changing information is especially important to us so you can focus on what’s important – patient care.
Our provider website will host the most accurate information from Anthem.
Visit the COVID-19 section of the Medicaid provider site: https://mediproviders.anthem.com/ca/pages/covid.aspx. Information here includes:
- Frequently asked questions about changes to Anthem policies or benefit coverage during COVID-19. These FAQ are updated regularly; please continue to check back each week. Topics include:
- Testing and treatment coverage updates.
- Telehealth/telephonic care guidance for medical and behavioral health.
- Coding, billing and claims.
- Federal resources available for health care providers and employers in the federal CARES Act.
- Other resources as provided by the California Department of Health Care Services.
Commercial plan information
Visit the Commercial Provider News site: https://providernews.anthem.com/california. Information here includes:
- The Provider Spotlight and Articles sections with the most recent notifications for Anthem’s commercial health plans related to COVID-19 including FAQ about changes to Anthem policies or benefit coverage during COVID-19. These FAQ are updated regularly; please continue to check back each week.
- The latest edition of the monthly Provider News publication, published on the first of the month.
Medicare Advantage plan information
Visit the Medicare Advantage Provider site: https://www.anthem.com/provider/news/archives/?category=medicareadvantage > and select your state by going to Change State in the top right hand corner. Information here is specific to Anthem Medicare Advantage plans, including information about benefit changes and coverage, telehealth options through ,* and testing and treatment.
Additional member support information
Anthem’s coronavirus website at https://www.anthem.com/coronavirus offers additional solutions that can connect members exhibiting symptoms with a doctor, help members understand risk for COVID-19 and find COVID-19 services in their community.
* LiveHealth Online is the trade name of Health Management Corporation, an independent company, providing telehealth services on behalf of Anthem Blue Cross.
June 2020 Anthem Blue Cross Provider News - California