Radiotherapies and radioimmunotherapies will require prior authorization
Effective April 1, 2021, Anthem Blue Cross will require prior authorization (PA) for the below additional injectable drugs. Please refer to the Precertification Look Up Tool for authorization requirements. Noncompliance with the new requirements may result in denied claims.
PA requirements will be added to the following codes:
- A9543 Injection, Yttrium Y-90 ibritumomab tiuxetan (Zevalin)
- A9590 Injection, Iodine I-131, iobenguane, 1 mCi (Azedra)
- A9513 Injection, Lutetium Lu 177, dotatate, therapeutic, 1 millicurie (Lutathera)
- A9606 Injection, Radium ra-223 dichloride, therapeutic, per microcurie (Xofigo)
Please use one of the following methods to request PA:
- Web: https://www.availity.com*
- Phone: 1-800-282-4548
Federal and state law, as well as state contract language, including definitions and specific contract provisions/exclusions, take precedence over these PA rules and must be considered first when determining coverage.
February 2021 Anthem Blue Cross Provider News - California