Performance enhancements to the authorization application on Availity Essentials
Anthem Blue Cross appreciates the feedback you shared about the Availity Essentials* multi-payer authorization application. The insight you provided about your user experience has enabled enhancements that we hope will further improve your experience:
- Easier to track your authorization requests: Case numbers are being returned following your authorization submission, making it easier to track your authorization requests.
- Expanded procedure code options: You can now submit your procedure codes by visits and hours, in addition to days and units.
- Error code improvements: Recognizing that error codes can be difficult to understand, we have rewritten them to be more clear, concise, and actionable.
- Enhancements to the admissions dropdown menu: For outpatient submissions, an enhancement to the level of service improves turnaround time for case decision. For inpatient and outpatient submissions, urgent requests receive a confirmation message.
- Update to Add Attachment feature: We have added a reminder notification that enables you to double check that the attachments are connected to the correct member for the correct
Become an Availity Essentials user today
If you aren’t registered to use Availity Essentials, signing up is easy and 100% secure. There is no cost for our providers to register or to use any of the digital applications. Start by logging onto availity.com and selecting the Register icon at the top of the home screen, or you can use this link to access the registration page.
August 2022 Anthem Blue Cross Provider News - California