New pharmacy electronic prior authorization request tool effective November 4, 2018
Anthem Blue Cross (Anthem) has partnered with CoverMyMeds to offer an electronic prior authorization (ePA) request tool that simplifies the process for requesting medications and checking the status of your submissions.
With the new ePA tool you will be able to:
- Submit requests for general pharmacy medications (medications dispensed directly to a member from a retail pharmacy [or shipped from a specialty pharmacy]).
- Check PA status.
- Upload supporting documents and review appeal status.
The tool will be available beginning November 4, 2018.
Accessing the tool
- Visit https://www.covermymeds.com.
- Locate the existing link within your electronic medical records tool if available.
Support with ePA through CoverMyMeds
- For the Support Center, visit https://www.covermymeds.com/main/help.
- For support via chat, locate and activate the chat window in the bottom right of the webpage.
- For support via phone, call 1-866-452-5017.
Anthem is focused on providing new tools to help make your job a little easier. We appreciate the compassion and dedication with which you care for your patients and our members.
October 2018 Anthem Blue Cross Provider Newsletter - California