New Anthem High Performance/Blue High Performance Network included in plans available for employee open enrollment Fall 2020
As employers host open enrollment periods for their employees, Anthem Blue Cross (Anthem) will offer a new option this fall; plans built around a new Anthem High Performance/Blue High Performance Network (Blue HPN®). Blue HPN plans strive to provide value to our members and clients. Anthem is launching Blue HPN in January 2021 to keep pace with the rapidly evolving nature of healthcare and to answer the call from our national employer groups to improve health outcomes and affordability of care for their organizations and employees. Blue HPN is part of a national network of Blue High Performance networks being created in collaboration with the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association.
Anthem’s Blue HPN is available in six metropolitan service areas located in Northern and Southern California (Sacramento-Roseville-Arden-Arcade; San Francisco-Oakland-Hayward; San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim, San Diego-Carlsbad; Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario). The Blue HPN will be offered to support some fully insured health benefit plans as well as certain self-funded plans. Select Anthem contracted physicians, hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers are included in Blue HPN. Participation status in the network will be communicated in writing by Anthem.
Please note that all providers and facilities behavioral health-specific contracts, birthing centers, imaging providers, and all of the ancillary provider types listed below are included in Anthem’s Blue HPN:
- DME/O&P/Mail Order Disposable Supply (DMEPOS)
- Cardiac Event Monitoring (CEM)
- Home/Ambulatory Infusion/Immunization
- Skilled Nursing Facilities (Free Standing only)
- Reference Labs
- Therapies (PT,OT,ST)
- Hearing Aid Providers
- Registered Dietitians
- Home Health Agency (HHA)
- Dialysis Facilities
- Ground and Air Ambulance
Blue HPN participation will be displayed in provider profiles in our provider directory on or prior to January 1, 2021. If you are not sure whether your practice will be part of Blue HPN as of January 1, 2021, contact your Anthem network representative.
Member ID Cards
Blue HPN members will be issued a new ID card to identify and access Blue HPN providers. Virtual ID cards will also be available to members through the Sydney Health and Engage Wellbeing apps.
All Blue HPN plan ID cards will reflect Blue HPN in a suitcase on the front of the card and a disclaimer on the back of the ID card that reads “Services rendered by a non-Blue HPN provider will be limited to Urgent and Emergent care”. Additionally:
- Anthem National Account (ANA) Blue HPN ID cards will always reflect the Blue High Performance Network name on the front of the ID card.
- Local LG and SG Blue HPN ID cards will always reflect both the Blue High Performance Network and the local Blue HPN Anthem state network on the front of the ID card.
Below is a sample ID card for a member from California enrolled in the national employer Blue HPN plan. Note the new “Blue High Performance Network” logo and “HPN” indicator in the suitcase icon.
We are excited about collaborating with providers in California to keep health care affordable. If you have any questions about this network, please use the following contact information below:
- Behavioral Health for existing contracted providers: CABHNetworkRelations@Anthem.com
- Commercial Medical Groups/IPAs & Facilities for existing contracted providers: CAContractSupport@Anthem.com
- Enterprise Ancillary Networks (Acupuncturists, Cardiac Event Monitoring (CEM), Ground and Air Ambulance, Skilled Nursing, Lab, Hospice, Home Health, Home Infusion, Dialysis, DME, PT/OT/SP Therapy, Registered Dietitians, Audiology/Hearing Aid Suppliers): EnterpriseAncillary@Anthem.com
October 2020 Anthem Blue Cross Provider News - California