Medical treatment utilization schedule updates for Workers’ Compensation
The Department Workers’ Compensation (DWC) posted an Order adopting updates to the California Medical Treatment Utilization Schedule (MTUS) that are applicable as of April 18, 2019. These include:
- Ankle and Foot Disorders Guideline (ACOEM July 16, 2018)
- Cervical and Thoracic Spine Disorders Guideline (ACOEM October 17, 2018)
- Elbow Disorders Guideline (ACOEM August 23, 2018)
- Hand, Wrist, and Forearm Disorders Guideline (ACOEM January 7, 2019)
- Workplace Mental Health: Post-traumatic Stress Disorder and Acute Stress Disorder Guideline (ACOEM December 18, 2018)
These are most current evidence-based recommendations drawn from the current ACOEM Guidelines.
Free Access to the California MTUS Available to Providers in California
Arrangements by the DIR/DWC and The Reed Group, publisher of the “ACOEM Guidelines”, allows for free access to the MTUS for Providers involved in the California Workers’ Compensation System by signing up with the Reed Group at: www.mdguidelines.com/mtus. Additional tools are available, the Guidelines are clear, relatively concise, and expedites treatment requests and enhances knowledge of accepted evidence-based care.
June 2019 Anthem Blue Cross Provider Newsletter - California