Easily update provider demographics with the online Provider Maintenance Form
Anthem Blue Cross (Anthem) providers should now submit changes to their practice profile using our online Provider Maintenance Form.
Online update options include: add an address location, name change, tax ID changes, provider leaving a group or a single location, phone/fax numbers, closing a practice location, etc. Visit the Anthem.com/ca form page to review more.
The new online form can be found on www.anthem.com/ca/provider/ > Find Resources for California > Answers@Anthem tab>Provider Forms bullet>Provider Change Forms> Provider Maintenance Form. In addition, the Provider Maintenance Form can be found on the Availity Web Portal by selecting California> Payer Spaces-Anthem Blue Cross> Resources tab >Provider Maintenance Form.
Important information about updating your practice profile:
- Change request should be submitted using the online Provider Maintenance Form
- Submit the change request online. No need to print, complete and mail, fax or email demographic updates
- You will receive an auto-reply e-mail acknowledging receipt of your request and another email when your submission has been processed
- For change(s) that require submission of an updated IRS Form w-9 or other documentation, attach them to the form online prior to submitting
- Change request should be submitted with advance notice
- Contractual agreement guidelines may supersede effective date of request
You can check your directory listing on the Anthem Blue Cross: “Find a Doctor tool”. The Find a Doctor tool at Anthem is used by consumers, members, brokers, and providers to identify in-network physicians and other health care providers supporting member health plans. To ensure Anthem has the most current and accurate information, please take a moment to access the Find A Doctor tool (www.anthem.com/ca) and review how you and your practice are being displayed.
July 2019 Anthem Blue Cross Provider News - California