Customizations to the 23rd edition of the MCG Care Guidelines
This communication applies to the Medicaid and Medicare-Medicaid Plan (MMP) programs for Anthem Blue Cross (Anthem).
The upgrade to the 23rd edition of the MCG Care Guidelines for Anthem has changed from May 24, 2019, to November 5, 2019. In addition, Anthem has customized some of the MCG Criteria.
Customizations to the 23rd edition of the MCG Care Guidelines:
Effective November 5, 2019, the following customizations will be implemented:
- Left Atrial Appendage Closure, Percutaneous (W0157) — customized to refer to SURG.00032 Transcatheter Closure of Patent Foramen Ovale and Left Atrial Appendage for Stroke Prevention
- Spine, Scoliosis, Posterior Instrumentation, Pediatric (W0156) — customized to refer to Musculoskeletal Program Clinical Appropriateness Guidelines, Level of Care Guidelines and Preoperative Admission Guidelines
Effective November 1, 2019, customizations will be implemented for Chemotherapy and Inpatient & Surgical Care (W0162) for adult patients. The customizations provide specific criteria, guidance and/or examples for the following:
- Clinical indications for admission:
- Aggressive hydration needs that cannot be managed in an infusion center
- Prolonged marrow suppression
- Regimens that cannot be managed outpatient
Providers can view a summary of the 23rd edition of the MCG Care Guidelines customizations online by selecting Customizations to MCG Care Guidelines 23rd Edition (Publish date November 1, 2019).
For questions, contact our Customer Care Center:
- o 1-800-407-4627 (Outside L.A. County)
- o 1-888-285-7801 (Inside L.A. County)
- Medicare-Medicaid Plan: 1-855-817-5786
September 2019 Anthem Blue Cross Provider News - California