BlueCard Program quick tips
The BlueCard® Program provides a valuable service that lets you file all claims for members from other Blue Plans with Anthem Blue Cross (Anthem). Here are some key points to remember:
- Make a copy of the front and back of the member’s ID card.
- Look for the three-character prefix that precedes the member’s ID number on the ID card.
- Call BlueCard Eligibility at 1-800-676-BLUE (2583) to verify the patient’s membership and coverage or submit an electronic HIPAA 270 transaction (eligibility) to Anthem.
- Submit the claim to Anthem. Always include the patient’s complete identification number, which includes the three-character prefix.
- For claims inquiries, contact Anthem.
December 2021 Anthem Blue Cross Provider News - California