Updates to AIM Cardiology clinical appropriateness guidelines*
Effective for dates of service on and after March 14, 2021, the following updates will apply to the AIM Advanced Imaging of the Heart and Diagnostic Coronary Angiography Clinical Appropriateness Guidelines.
- Evaluation of patients with cardiac arrhythmias
- Updated repeat TTE criteria
- Added restrictions for patients whose initial echocardiogram shows no evidence of structural heart disease, and follow-up echocardiography is not appropriate for ongoing management of arrhythmia.
- Evaluation of signs, symptoms, or abnormal testing
- Added restrictions for TTE in evaluation of palpitation and lightheadedness based on literature.
- Diagnostic Coronary Angiography
- Updated criteria to evaluate patients with suspected congenital coronary artery anomalies
As a reminder, ordering and servicing providers may submit prior authorization requests to AIM in one of several ways:
- Access AIM’s ProviderPortalSM directly at providerportal.com. Online access is available 24/7 to process orders in real-time, and is the fastest and most convenient way to request authorization.
- Access AIM via the Availity Web Portal at availity.com.
- Call the AIM Contact Center toll-free number: 800-554-0580, Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Eastern time.
For questions related to guidelines, please contact AIM via email at email@example.com. Additionally, you may access and download a copy of the current and upcoming guidelines here.
December 2020 Anthem Provider News - Wisconsin