Meet your Cancer Care Navigator
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Anthem) is committed to collaborating with oncology practices to help simplify the complexities of the cancer journey for patients while offering the best support and resources possible to our members facing treatment.
In pursuit of that commitment, we have created a new cancer support program to help members navigate through their cancer treatment journey while bringing relief to oncology practices in knowing their patients are supported in more ways than one.
Our new Cancer Care Navigator program uses advanced predictive analytics to identify members who may be most at-risk for adverse experiences during chemotherapy treatment. Once identified, our oncology trained Cancer Care Navigators will collaborate with the oncology practice to identify how they can best support the member to help improve patient outcomes and experiences. Cancer Care Navigators will regularly contact each member to establish a personal, trusting relationship while coordinating with the member’s oncologist at every step.
What you can expect from the Cancer Care Navigator (CCN) program:
- A single Anthem point of contact to help navigate the Anthem system supporting prior authorizations and claims
- Regular communication with your Anthem Navigator to help support patient needs and care plans
- Predictive analytics that identify members with the greatest risk for suffering complications during chemotherapy, helping reduce potentially avoidable admissions
- Social determinants of health support
- Supplemental cancer resources for patients:
- Survivorship care for patients
- Assistance with prescription regimen, improving medication adherence
- After hours support for members with questions during evening hours
This program places a central focus on collaborating with providers to help simplify the complexities of cancer care for our members and serves as an extra layer of support for oncology practices.
To learn more about Cancer Care Navigator, contact your Anthem Clinical Liaison or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Beginning September 2020, this program will be available to Anthem members residing in Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, Missouri, and Wisconsin and will roll out to Anthem’s remaining markets throughout 2021.
September 2020 Anthem Provider News - Wisconsin