It is almost CAHPS survey time!
Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS) is a standardized survey conducted between February to May each year to assess consumers’ experience with their provider and health plan. A random sample of your adult and child patients may receive the survey. Over half of the questions used for scoring are directly impacted by providers.
The survey questions are:
- When you needed care right way, how often did you get it?
- How often did you get an appointment for a check-up or routine care as soon as you needed?
- How often was it easy to get the care, tests, or treatment you needed?
- How often did you get an appointment to see a specialist as soon as you needed?
- How often did your personal doctor seem informed and up-to-date about the care you got from other health providers?
- How would you rate your personal doctor?
- How would you rate the specialist you see most often?
To learn more about how you can improve the patient experience review What Matters Most: Improving the Patient Experience, an online course for providers and office staff. This course is available at no cost and is eligible for one CME credit by the American Academy of Family Physicians. The What Matters Most training can be accessed at www.patientexptraining.com.
Your efforts to create an exceptional care experience for your patients will help to strengthen their healthcare journey.
January 2021 Anthem Provider News - Wisconsin