Attention: Availity launches additional changes to the new look to our Medical Attachment submission tool
- File size – each attachment can be up to 10 MB with a maximum of 30 MB as the file size limit
- The addition of logos in your dashboard make it easy to quickly identify each payer
- The Medical Attachment tool will be retired from the Availity Portal soon, so we encourage you to start utilizing the ‘Attachment – New’ option now. We will announce the retirement date for the Medical Attachment tool soon.
Other features of the updated medical attachment include:
- The ability to submit an itemized bill
- A different link tilted “Attachment – New” where you will now submit medical records when Anthem has requested additional information to process a claim
- A new link on the attachment page called “Send Attachment” will allow you to start the process
- A record history of each entry provides you increased visibility of your submission
The Medical Attachment tool makes the process of submitting an electronic documentation in support of a claim, simple and streamlined. You can use your tax identification number (TIN) or your NPI to register and submit solicited (requested by Anthem) medical record attachments through the Availity Portal.
NOTE: We will continue to keep you informed of upcoming changes to the ‘Attachment – New’ platform as we progress toward streamlining our electronic documentation functionality.
How to Access solicited Medical Attachments for Your Office
Availity Administrator, complete these steps:
From My Account Dashboard, select Enrollments Center > Medical Attachments Setup, follow the prompts and complete the following sections:
- Select Application>choose Medical Attachments Registration
- Provider Management>Select Organization from the drop-down. Add NPIs and/or Tax IDs (Multiples can be added separated by spaces or semi-colons)
- Assign user access by checking the box in front of the user’s name. Users may be removed by unchecking their name
Using Medical Attachments
Availity User, complete these steps:
- Log in to www.availity.com
- Select Claims and Payments > Attachments-New >Send Attachment Tab
- Complete all required fields of the form
- Attach supporting documentation
To access additional training for this Availity feature:
- Log in and select Help & Training | Get Trained to open the Availity Learning Center (ALC) Catalog in a new browser tab. It is your dedicated ALC account.
- Search the Catalog by keyword (attachments) to find training demo and on-demand courses.
- Select Enroll to enroll for a course and then go to your Dashboard to access it any time.
May 2019 Anthem Provider Newsletter - Wisconsin