Professional system updates for 2021
As a reminder, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Anthem) will update our claim editing software monthly for professional services throughout 2021 with the majority of maintenance updates occurring quarterly in February, May, August and November of 2021. These updates will:
- Reflect the addition of new, and revised codes (such as CPT, HCPCS, ICD-10, modifiers) and their associated edits.
- Include updates to National Correct Coding Initiative edits (NCCI) and medically unlikely edits (MUEs).
- Include updates to incidental, mutually exclusive, and unbundled (rebundle) edits.
- Include assistant surgeon eligibility in accordance with the policy.
- Include edits associated with reimbursement policies including, but not limited to, frequency edits, bundled services and global surgery preoperative and post-operative periods assigned by The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Apply to any provider, provider group (tax identification number) and/or across providers and claim type (professional/facility) for the same member.
January 2021 Anthem Provider News - Virginia