Non-payment remittance advice enhancements
Please note, this communication applies to Anthem HealthKeepers Plus, Medallion and Anthem HealthKeepers Plus, Commonwealth Coordinated Care Plus (Anthem CCC Plus) offered by HealthKeepers, Inc.
We are enhancing your ability to search, review, and download a copy of the remittance advice on Availity* when there is not an associated payment. For remittance advice with payment, you can continue to search with the Check/EFT number.
Below are images reflecting the scenarios that will be enhanced:
Electronic remittance advice (ERA/835)
- Non-payment number display in the Check Number and Check/EFT Number fields:
- Old — There were two sets of numbers for the same remittance advice. The paper remittance displayed 10 bytes (9999999999 or 99########) and the corresponding 835 (ERA) displayed 27 bytes (9999999999 — [year] #############).
- Enhancement — The updated numbering sequence for the paper remittance and corresponding 835 (ERA) now contain the same 10-digit number beginning with 9 (9XXXXXXXXX). Each non-payment remittance issued will be assigned a unique number.
- Searching for non-payment remittance:
- Old — When using Remit Inquiry to locate paper remittance, the search field required a date range and tax ID to locate a specific remittance due to same number scenario (10 bytes (9999999999) being used for every non-payment remittance.
- Enhancement — Once the unique ERA non-payment remittance number is available, it can be entered in the check number field in Remit Inquiry. This new way of assigning check numbers provides a faster and simplified process to find the specific remittance.
The way your organization receives remittances and payments has not changed; we have simply enhanced the numbering for the non-pay remittances. These changes do not impact previously issued non-payment remittance advices.
If you have any questions about this communication, call Anthem HealthKeepers Plus, Medallion Provider Services at 800‑901‑0020 or Anthem CCC Plus Provider Services at 855‑323‑4687.
December 2021 Anthem Provider News - Virginia