Federal Employee Program membership transitioning in April to Interactive Care Reviewer, Anthem’s online prior authorization tool
We are targeting April 18, 2020, to transition your online prior authorizations from Point of Care to Interactive Care Reviewer (ICR) for members enrolled in the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Service Benefit Plan (commonly referred to as the Federal Employee Program® or FEP). You can access ICR through the Availity Portal. ICR offers a streamlined process to request and check the status of medical and behavioral health inpatient and outpatient procedures.
What benefits/efficiencies does the ICR provide?
- You receive a comprehensive view of all your prior authorization requests. You have a complete view of all the utilization management requests you submitted online, including the status of your requests and specific views that provide case updates and a copy of associated letters.
- You can determine if prior authorization is needed. For most requests, when you enter patient, service and provider details, you will receive a message indicating whether or not review is required.
- You will have inquiry capability. Ordering and servicing physicians and facilities can locate information on preauthorization requests for those with which are they are affiliated; this includes requests previously submitted via phone, fax and ICR.
- Request and check the status of clinical appeals. You can use ICR to request a clinical appeal for denied authorizations and access letters associated with the appeal.
- ICR reduces the need to fax. ICR allows text detail as well as images to be submitted along with the request.
- There is no additional cost to you. ICR is a no-cost solution that’s easy to learn and even easier to use.
How will you gain access to ICR?
Beginning April 18, you can access our ICR tool via the Availity Portal. Your Availity administrator can grant you access to authorization and referral request for submission capability and authorization and referral inquiry for inquiry capability. You will be able to navigate to ICR from Availity’s home page by selecting Patient Registration > Authorizations & Referrals.
Is there training available?
Yes, and you can get a jump start before the April transition and register for a free webinar. We offer training every month to familiarize new users with ICR features and navigation of the tool. Register here.
March 2020 Anthem Provider News - Virginia