Change in email submission of service requests for Federal Employee Program® members
Effective November 1, 2021, in order to help ensure our members’ security, the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Service Benefit Plan also called Federal Employee Program (FEP® ) will be decommissioning the Utilization Management (UM) email address for processing eReviews of service requests – FEPE-Reviews@anthem.com. As an alternative, FEP offers providers a secure online tool – lnteractive Care Reviewer (ICR).
About Interactive Care Reviewer
ICR is Anthem’s innovative UM app that allows providers, in addition to phone or fax, to submit prior authorization requests and to provide clinical documentation (including imaging) to support initial and continued stay reviews. This enables prior authorization requests and clinical information to be transmitted directly to UM staff.
Key features of the tool
- No cost electronic UM solution
- Instant access from any location at any time
- Create a UM preauthorization case and instantly submit it for review
- Attach clinical documents for review – no faxing required
- Check status of any case regardless of the method used to originally submit request
- Complete record of submissions and dispositions – all in one place
- Bi-directional communication
To submit prior authorization service requests through ICR, your organization needs to be registered with Availity and each user needs to be assigned the Authorization and Referral Request role prior to November 1, 2021.
For more information on Anthem ICR, including training resources: https://www.anthem.com/provider/prior-authorization/interactive-care-reviewer/
Register for Availity: https://www.availity.com/provider-portal-registration
Need help registering? View this video: How to Access Availity and Register
As a reminder, in addition to using ICR on the Availity portal, you can submit authorizations to FEP UM by phone or fax:
- FEP UM precertification toll free phone number: 800-860-2156
- FEP UM precertification fax number: 800-732-8318
- FEP UM advance benefit determination fax number: 877-606-3807
August 2021 Anthem Provider News - Virginia