Availity launches changes to our Medical Attachment submission tool
In the March 2019 edition of our provider newsletter, we announced the updates we’ve made to the Medical Attachment submission tool. As you start using the updated Medical Attachment tool on the Availity Portal, you will notice the following changes from the information we shared in March:
- File size – each attachment can be up to 10 MB with a maximum of 30 MB as the file size limit.
- The addition of logos in your dashboard make it easy to quickly identify each payer.
- The Medical Attachment tool will be retired from the Availity Portal soon, so we encourage you to start using the “Attachment – New” option now. (We will notify you once a retirement date is determined for the Medical Attachment tool.)
Other features of the updated Medical Attachment tool include:
- The ability to submit an itemized bill.
- A different link titled “Attachment – New” where you will now submit medical records when Anthem has requested additional information to process a claim.
- A new link on the attachment page called “Send Attachment” will allow you to start the process.
- A record history of each entry provides you increased visibility of your submission.
The Medical Attachment tool makes the process of submitting electronic documentation in support of a claim simple and streamlined. You can use your tax identification number (TIN) or your National Provider Identifier (NPI) to register and submit solicited (requested by Anthem) medical record attachments through the Availity Portal.
NOTE: We will continue to keep you informed of upcoming changes to the ‘Attachment – New’ platform, as we continue to work to streamline our electronic documentation functionality.
How to Access solicited Medical Attachments for Your Office
- Availity Administrator, complete these steps:
From My Account Dashboard, select Enrollments Center>Medical Attachments Setup, follow the prompts and complete the following sections:
- Select Application>choose Medical Attachments Registration.
- Provider Management>Select Organization from the drop-down. Add NPIs and/or Tax IDs (Multiples can be added separated by spaces or semi-colons).
- Assign user access by checking the box in front of the user’s name. Users may be removed by unchecking their name.
Using Medical Attachments
Availity User, complete these steps:
- Log in to www.availity.com
- Select Claims and Payments > Attachments-New >Send Attachment tab
- Complete all required fields of the form
- Attach supporting documentation
To access additional training for this Availity feature:
- Log in to the Availity Portal at www.availity.com
- Select Help and Training > Get Trained to open the Availity Learning Center (ALC) catalog in a new browser tab. It is your dedicated ALC account.
- Search the Catalog by keyword (attachments) to find training demo and on-demand courses.
- Select Enroll to enroll for a course and then go to your Dashboard to access it any time.
May 2019 Anthem Provider Newsletter - Virginia