Anthem HealthKeepers Plus member reassignment and continuity of care
The Medicaid Medallion 4.0 program is coming to your area soon. As part of this new program, starting in September and October many Anthem Medallion 4.0 Medicaid members will be moved to other health plans. Specifically, the Department of Medical Assistance Services (DMAS) will move:
- 6,000 Anthem members in Central Virginia on September 1, 2018 (effective date)
- 36,000 Anthem members in Northern Virginia on October 1, 2018 (effective date)
Please note that Anthem HealthKeepers Plus members who are switched to a new health plan are entitled to receive 30 days of continuity of care from their current provider practice. This is per DMAS:
- Anthem HealthKeepers Plus members can call the state’s Managed Care Helpline (Maximus) at 1-800-643-2273 to switch their health plan after they have received their state assignment letter. (See chart on page two for additional details.)
- Anthem HealthKeepers Plus members also have the option to call and switch health plans 90 days after their effective date.
Please do your part by continuing to care for Anthem HealthKeepers Plus members during this transition period, as we hope to have them return to the Anthem HealthKeepers Plus network in the future.
If you have questions about this, please contact:
- Angie Clayton, Northern Virginia Provider Relations representative:
- Phone: 1-703-935-6124; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jerron Dennis, Central Virginia Provider Relations representative:
- Phone: 1-804-698-9074; email: email@example.com
Please refer to the attachment under "Article Attachments" on the right for more information about the Medallion 4 mailing process for members calling Maximus.
October 2018 Anthem Provider Newsletter - Virginia