Anthem engages Availity as our EDI gateway
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield and affiliate HealthKeepers, Inc. have designated Availity – a secure Web-based provider tool – to become our Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) gateway. This effort is currently underway, and we are committed to providing transparency throughout this process.
All EDI submissions currently received today via the Anthem EDI gateway can now start to transition to the Availity gateway. All Anthem EDI claims submitted will adjudicate the same way; it’s just the entry point (EDI gateway) which is changing to Availity. With this new process, there is no impact to your participation status with Anthem and no impact on how your claims adjudicate.
If you currently use a clearinghouse to submit your claims and other transactions electronically, you can contact your clearinghouse to validate the transition dates to the Availity gateway. If your clearinghouse notifies you of changes regarding connectivity, workflow, or the financial cost of EDI transactions, you have the option of submitting directly through Availity at no cost.
Your organization can register with Availity to submit the following transactions:
- 837 – Institutional
- 837 – Professional
- 837 – Dental
- 835 – Electronic Remittance Advice
- 276/277 – Claim Status – real-time
- 270/271 – Eligibility – real-time
- Anthem and Availity will continue to communicate and provide assistance with this transition going forward.
- Availity will work directly with all trading partners to help ensure a smooth transition.
- You may utilize Availity to transmit your electronic claims and other EDI transactions as a fully subsidized option – at no charge to you.
How to register with Availity:
- If your organization is not already registered with Availity, you can go to availity.com. Click REGISTER and then follow the steps to register.
- Look for emails from Availity containing your log-in credentials.
- If your organization is already registered with Availity, you can log in and click My Providers | Enrollments Center if you need to complete a new 835 enrollment or make changes.
We look forward to delivering a smooth transition to the Availity EDI gateway. If you have any questions, please contact Availity Client Services at 1-800-282-4548, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Eastern Time.
August 2018 Anthem Provider Newsletter -- Virginia