Prepare for the CAA: Keep your provider directory information current
The Consolidated Appropriations Act (CAA), effective January 1, 2022, contains a provision that requires online provider directory information be reviewed and updated (if needed) at least every 90 days. We are asking you to review your online provider directory information to help ensure Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Anthem) members can locate the most current information for in-network providers and facilities.
You can help us ensure your online provider directory information is current by:
- Reviewing your online provider directory information on a regular basis to ensure it is correct. You can check your directory listing on Anthem’s Find Care Consumers, members, brokers, and providers use the Find Care tool to identify in-network physicians and other healthcare providers supporting member health plans. To ensure we have your most current and accurate information, please take a moment to access Find Care. Go to anthem.com, select Providers, then under Provider Overview, choose Find Care.
- Submitting updates and corrections to your directory information by using our online Provider Maintenance Form. Online update options include:
- add/change an address location
- name change
- tax ID changes
- provider leaving a group or a single location
- phone/fax number changes
- closing a practice location
Once you submit the Provider Maintenance Form, you will receive an email acknowledging receipt of your request. Visit the Provider Maintenance Form landing page for complete instructions.
February 2022 Anthem Provider News - Ohio