Introducing Elevance Health — Focusing on whole health and its most powerful drivers
I am pleased to announce that our shareholders voted to approve our parent company's name change from Anthem, Inc. to Elevance Health, Inc. (NYSE Ticker Symbol — ELV) effective June 28, 2022.
Here is what you can expect:
A bold new vision for the future of health
- We chose the name Elevance Health to better reflect our business as we elevate the importance of whole health and advance health beyond healthcare for consumers, their families, and our shared communities. This new vision fuels our transformation from a traditional health benefits organization to a health company that looks beyond the traditional scope of physical health.
- No action is needed by you, and we remain committed to helping you deliver whole-person care for your patients, our customers. Importantly, there is no impact or changes to your contract, reimbursement, or level of support. For your patients, it will not change their plan or coverage or change how they receive their medications. Provider networks will not be changing.
- A more holistic approach to health that improves affordability and outcomes. Bringing together a broad portfolio of health plans, including pharmacy, behavioral, clinical, and complex care provider partners, we can deliver integrated, holistic health solutions to meet the increasing needs of our customers and care provider partners. This includes two notable changes:
- Our healthcare service partners will operate under a new brand called Carelon. This includes Beacon Health Options, AIM Specialty Health®, CareMore, and IngenioRx. You can find us at Carelon.com.
- IngenioRx, our pharmacy benefit management partner, will become CarelonRx on January 1, 2023. This name change will not impact your patient’s benefits, coverage, or how their medications are filled. We will communicate detailed information about this change soon.
- A simpler brand portfolio that makes it easier to do business with us. We have streamlined and simplified the complexity of our health plan and service businesses and reduced the number of brands we have in the market, so our partners and customers clearly understand where we serve, who we serve, and what our brands do.
What does this mean for care providers?
We will operate as Anthem Blue Cross or Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in our 14 Blue-licensed markets. Our existing Anthem-branded health plans are not changing and will continue to operate in their current states. There will be no impact to plans, coverage, or level of support.
Looking forward together
As your partner, we will continue to keep you updated with new information as soon as it becomes available. In the meantime, you can visit us at ElevanceHealth.com or contact your provider representative with any questions.
Thank you for joining us on this exciting path forward as we reimagine what is possible for every moment of health.
President, Health Solutions
July 2022 Anthem Provider News - Ohio