Access instant health plan information via Availity Essentials on December 1, 2022
If you have been using Availity Essentials for other Anthem plans, you will be able to seamlessly transition to using the portal for Medicaid members during patient check-ins and checkouts.
If you are new to Availity Essentials, register now for secure website access so your organization will be ready to benefit from easy, instant access to health plan information.
Some of the Availity Essentials multi-payer self-service features available for Anthem include:
- Eligibility and benefits including digital ID cards.
- Claims status.
- Claims disputes.
- Medical attachments.
- Authorization status and clinical appeals.
- Request an External Medical Review
To find additional digital applications exclusive to Anthem, visit Payer Spaces on Availity Essentials. Some of the most frequently used applications are:
- Chat with payer: Start a live chat to get questions answered through a real-time, online discussion.
- Custom Learning Center: Locate job aids and courses illustrating navigation of applications and electronic data interchange (EDI) transactions.
- Patient360: Access member-centric clinical and case management data.
- Precertification Look Up Tool: Verify if outpatient services require prior authorization.
- Provider online reporting: Retrieve Member Panel reports of members assigned to individual providers or groups.
- Remittance inquiry: View, print, and save a copy of your remittance advice.
Not registered with Availity Essentials? Take these steps to get started before December 1, 2022
First, your organization needs to assign an Availity Essentials administrator to initiate registration. To begin the process, the administrator should visit availity.com, select Register, and complete the online form. For more details on registration, visit Learn About Availity Portal Registration. The Portal Registration webpage includes a link with information on live webinars you can join on November 9 and December 7. An instructor will go through the steps necessary to register and get started on Availity Essentials.
As soon as you are registered as an administrator or a user on Availity Essentials, check out the Availity Learning Center (ACL) and begin taking on demand courses.
Availity offers on demand onboarding modules for new administrators and users. To access this Availity training, you need to be registered and have a user ID. These modules are located on the ALC. From the Availity Essentials top navigation bar, select Help & Training | Get Trained. For any course, search by keyword such as administrator onboarding or filter by category to locate the course.
Availity Essentials live training webinars for all providers servicing Anthem members
Join these training events beginning in mid-November. The sessions will cover the digital applications that will be available to use for the health plan. The instructor will demonstrate navigation and features of eligibility and benefits, claims disputes, medical attachments, and more. To enroll for a webinar session, log on to Availity, select Help & Training > Get Trained. The ALC catalog opens in a new browser tab. Enter ohbc in the search field to enroll for these live webinars. Registration for the webinars begins in mid-October.
Do you have questions regarding Availity Essentials registration?Call Availity Client Services at 800-AVAILITY (800-282-4548). Availity Client Services is available Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern time (excluding holidays) to answer your registration questions.
November 2022 Anthem Provider News - Ohio