2020 Medicare risk adjustment provider trainings
Medicare Risk Adjustment and Documentation Guidance (General)
- When: The trainings will be offered the first Wednesday of each month from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. ET (from January 8, 2020, to December 2, 2020).
- Learning objective: This onboarding training will provide an overview of Medicare risk adjustment, including the Risk Adjustment Factor and the Hierarchical Condition Category (HCC) model, with guidance on medical record documentation and coding.
- Credits: This live activity has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 1 prescribed credit by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
For those interested in joining us to learn how providers play a critical role in facilitating the risk adjustment process, register for one of the monthly training sessions at the link below:
Note: Dates may be modified due to holiday scheduling.
Medicare Risk Adjustment, Documentation and Coding Guidance (Condition Specific)
- When: The trainings will be offered on the third Wednesday of every other month from noon to 1 p.m. ET (from January 15, 2020 to November 18, 2020).
- Learning objective: This is a collaborative learning event with Enhanced Personal Health Care (EPHC)* to provide in-depth disease information pertaining to specific conditions including an overview of their corresponding HCC, with guidance on documentation and coding.
- Credits: This live series activity has been reviewed and is acceptable for credit by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity
For those interested in joining us for this six-part training series, please see the list of topics and scheduled training dates below:
- Red Flag HCCs Part 1 (January 15, 2020) — register for a recording of the session: Training will cover HCCs most commonly reported in error as identified by CMS (Chronic Kidney Disease Stage 5, Ischemic or Unspecified Stroke, Cerebral Hemorrhage, Aspiration and Specified Bacterial Pneumonias, Unstable Angina and Other Acute Ischemic Heart Disease, End-Stage Liver Disease).
- Link: Red Flag Hierarchical Condition Categories (HCCs), part one
- Red Flag HCCs Part 2 (March 18, 2020): Training will cover HCCs most commonly reported in error as identified by CMS (Atherosclerosis of the Extremities with Ulceration or Gangrene, Myasthenia Gravis/Myoneural Disorders and Guillain-Barre Syndrome, Drug/Alcohol Psychosis, Lung and Other Severe Cancers, Diabetes with Ophthalmologic or Unspecified Manifestation)
- Link: Medicare Risk Adjustment Documentation and Coding Guidance: Red Flag HCC's Part 2
- Neoplasms (May 20, 2020)
- Link: Neoplasms
- Acute, Chronic and Status Conditions (July 15, 2020)
- Link: Acute, Chronic and Status Conditions
- Diabetes Mellitus and Other Metabolic Disorders (September 16, 2020)
- Link: Diabetes Mellitus and Other Metabolic Disorders
- TBD - This Medicare risk adjustment webinar will cover the critical topics and updates that surface during the year (November 18, 2020)
- Link: Topic TBD
April 2020 Anthem Provider News - Ohio