Updates to AIM Advanced Imaging Clinical Appropriateness Guidelines
Effective for dates of service on and after May 17, 2020, the following updates will apply to the AIM Advanced Imaging: Vascular Imaging Clinical Appropriateness Guidelines.
Updates by section:
Aneurysm of the abdominal aorta or iliac arteries
- Added new indication for asymptomatic enlargement by imaging
- Clarified surveillance intervals for stable aneurysms as follows:
- Treated with endografts, annually
- Treated with open surgical repair, every 5 years
Stenosis or occlusion of the abdominal aorta or branch vessels, not otherwise specified
- Added surveillance indication and interval for surgical bypass grafts
- Access AIM’s ProviderPortalSM directly at providerportal.com. Online access is available 24/7 to process orders in real-time, and is the fastest and most convenient way to request authorization.
- Access AIM via the Availity Web Portal at availity.com
- Call the AIM Contact Center toll-free number at 866-714-1107, Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
For questions related to guidelines, please contact AIM via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, you may access and download a copy of the current and upcoming guidelines here.
February 2020 Anthem New Hampshire Provider News