Upcoming retirement planned for legacy medical attachment submission tool
As we have been communicating in Provider News, we are now in the final stages of migration from the legacy medical attachments submission tool to the ‘Attachments-New’ option via Availity.
What is happening to the current attachment tool?
- The legacy medical attachments tool will be retired soon* with access via the Attachments-New option available now.
- The history of the information you have previously submitted is still available on the legacy tool at this time.*
- Read only access to the history is in the final stages.*
*Look for messaging on the legacy attachment tool for specific dates.
How to access/setup the solicited medical attachments tool for your office
Availity Administrators must complete these steps:
- From My Account Dashboard, select Enrollments Center > Medical Attachments Setup and complete the following sections:
- Select Application > choose Medical Attachments Registration
- Provider Management > Select Organization from the drop-down. Add NPIs and/or tax IDs.
- Assign user access by checking the box in front of the user’s name.
Submitting medical attachments
Once the above setup is completed, Availity Users will complete these steps:
- Log in to www.availity.com
- Select Claims and Payments > Attachments-New > Send Attachment Tab
- Complete all required fields of the form
- Attach supporting documentation
To access additional training for this Availity feature: Log in and select Help & Training > Get Trained to open the Availity Learning Center (ALC) Catalog in a new browser tab. Search the Catalog by keyword (attachments) to find training demo and on-demand courses. Select Enroll to enroll for a course and then go to your Dashboard to access it any time.
January 2020 Anthem New Hampshire Provider News