Interactive Care Reviewer self-service, online prior authorization tool now available for Anthem and FEP membership
On August 15, 2020, we introduced Interactive Care Reviewer (ICR), Anthem’s online authorization tool for members enrolled in an Anthem Plan. ICR is also available for members enrolled in the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Service Benefit Plan (Federal Employee Program® or FEP). ICR is accessed through the Availity Portal and can be used for many of your medical and behavioral health prior authorization requests. You will be able to submit authorization requests, check case status, update cases and request clinical appeals using one tool and one secure portal.
Ask your Availity administrator to grant you the required ICR role assignment now so you can begin using the tool immediately.
- Do you create and submit prior authorization requests?
You’ll need the Authorization and Referral Request role assignment.
- Do you check the status of the case or results of the authorization request?
You’ll need the Authorization and Referral Inquiry role assignment
Once you have the role assignment, follow these steps to navigate to ICR through Availity.
- Select Patient Registration from Availity’s home page
- Select Authorizations & Referrals
- Select Authorizations (for requests) | Select Auth/Referral Inquiry (for inquiries)
Register for our September ICR webinars.
We offer training every month to familiarize new users with ICR features and navigation of the tool. Our next webinars are taking place on September 2 and September 16. Register Here
Can’t make it to the webinar?
Follow the steps outlined below to access self-paced videos located on the Custom Learning Center.
From Availity’s home page, select Payer Spaces | Anthem tile | Applications | Your Custom Learning Center.
- Select Catalog from the menu located on the upper left corner of the Custom Learning Center screen
- Use the catalog filter and select Interactive Care Reviewer-Online Authorizations or Authorizations from the Category menu
- Click Apply then enroll for the courses (videos) you want to view.
Illustrated reference guides that you can print are located on Custom Learning Center Resources. Select Resources from the menu located on the upper left corner of the screen. Use the catalog filter and select Authorizations or Interactive Care Reviewer-Online Authorizations from the Category menu. Select Download to view and/or print the reference guide.
September 2020 Anthem New Hampshire Provider News