Explore updates to medical attachment tool
Have you been using the medical attachment tool on the Availity Portal to submit solicited medical records in support of a claim? You’ll now find these changes that were recently introduced:
- Select the “Attachment – New” option to submit medical records when Anthem has requested additional information to process a claim.
- To send a solicited attachment, now find the ‘Send Attachment’ link on the top, right side of the page.
- Expanded file size – each attachment can now be up to 40 MB with a total of 80 MB as the file size limit.
If you have not tried the Medical Attachment tool to submit electronic documentation in support of a claim, now is the time to give it a try! This tool makes the process of submitting requested medical records simple and streamlined. You can use your tax identification number (TIN) or your NPI to register and submit solicited (requested by Anthem) medical record attachments through the Availity Portal.
How to access/setup the solicited medical attachments tool for your office
Availity Administrators must complete these steps:
- From My Account Dashboard, select Enrollments Center > Medical Attachments Setup, follow the prompts and complete the following sections:
- Select Application > choose Medical Attachments Registration
- Provider Management > Select Organization from the drop-down. Add NPIs and/or tax IDs. (Multiples can be added separated by spaces or semi-colons.)
- Assign user access by checking the box in front of the user’s name. Users may be removed by unchecking their name.
Submitting medical attachments
Once the above setup is completed, Availity Users will complete these steps:
- Log in to www.availity.com
- Select Claims and Payments > Attachments-New > Send Attachment Tab
- Complete all required fields of the form
- Attach supporting documentation
To access additional training for this Availity feature:
- Log in to the Availity Portal at www.availity.com
- At the top of any Availity portal page, click Help and Training > Get Trained (Make sure you do not have a pop-up blocker turned on or the next page may not open.)
- In the new window a list of available topics will open. Locate and click Medical Attachments.
- Under the Recordings section, click View Recording
March 2019 Anthem New Hampshire Provider Newsletter