2020 Medicare risk adjustment provider trainings
The Medicare Risk Adjustment Regulatory Compliance team at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield and
AMH Health, LLC offer two provider training programs regarding Medicare risk adjustment and documentation guidelines. Information for each training is outlined below.
Medicare Risk Adjustment and Documentation Guidance (general)
- When: This training is offered the first Wednesday of each month from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Learning objective: This onboarding training will provide an overview of Medicare risk adjustment, including the risk adjustment factor and the hierarchical condition category (HCC) model with guidance on medical record documentation and coding.
- Credits: This live activity, Medicare Risk Adjustment and Documentation Guidance, from January 8, 2020, to December 2, 2020, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to one prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- For those interested in joining us to learn how providers play a critical role in facilitating the risk adjustment process, register for one of the monthly training sessions at: Training Registration.
- Note: Dates may be modified due to holiday scheduling.
Medicare Risk Adjustment, Documentation and Coding Guidance (condition specific)
- When: This training is offered on the third Wednesday of every other month from noon to 1:00 p.m.
- Learning objective: This training series will provide in-depth disease information pertaining to specific conditions, including an overview of their corresponding hierarchical condition categories (HCC), with guidance on documentation and coding.
- Credits: This live series activity, Medicare Risk Adjustment Documentation and Coding Guidance, from January 15, 2020, to November 18, 2020, has been reviewed and is acceptable for credit by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
For those interested in joining us for this six-part training series, please see the list of topics and scheduled training dates below:
- Session 1: Red Flag HCCs, part one: Training will cover HCCs most commonly reported in error as identified by CMS, including chronic kidney disease (stage five), ischemic or unspecified stroke, cerebral hemorrhage, aspiration and specified bacterial pneumonias, unstable angina and other acute ischemic heart disease, and end-stage liver disease. Recording will play upon registration.
- Session 2: Red Flag HCCs, part two: Training will cover HCCs most commonly reported in error as identified by CMS, including atherosclerosis of the extremities with ulceration or gangrene, myasthenia gravis/myoneural disorders and guillain-barre syndrome, drug/alcohol psychosis, lung and other severe cancers, diabetes with ophthalmologic or unspecified manifestation. Recording will play upon registration.
- Session 3: Neoplasms Recording will play upon registration.
- 2020 Medicare Risk Adjustment Documentation and Coding Guidance: Neoplasms
- Password: PfUWPcs6
- Session 4: Acute, Chronic and Status Conditions Recording link will be provided after October 1, 2020.
- Session 5: Diabetes Mellitus and Other Metabolic Disorders - September 16, 2020
- Session 6: Coinciding Conditions in Risk Adjustment Models - November 18, 2020
August 2020 Anthem New Hampshire Provider News