Updates to AIM Sleep Disorder Management Clinical Appropriateness Guideline
Sleep Disorder Management Clinical Appropriateness Guideline updates by section:
- Bi-Level Positive Airway Pressure (BPAP) Devices:
- Change in BPAP FiO2 from 45 to 52 mmHg based on strong evidence and alignment with Medicare requirements for use of BPAP
- Multiple Sleep Latency Testing and/or Maintenance of Wakefulness Testing:
- Style change for clarity
- Code changes: none
As a reminder, ordering and servicing providers may submit prior authorization (PA) requests to AIM by:
- Accessing AIM’s ProviderPortalSM directly at providerportal.com. Online access is available 24/7 to process orders in real time, and is the fastest and most convenient way to request PA.
- Accessing AIM via the Availity Portal.*
- Calling the AIM Contact Center at 1-800-714-0040 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET.
What if I need assistance?
* AIM Specialty Health is an independent company providing some utilization review services on behalf of Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield. Availity, LLC is an independent company providing administrative support services on behalf of Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield.
June 2020 Anthem Provider News and Important Updates -- Nevada