United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America General Office and Staff Health and Welfare Plan is a new client as of September 1, 2018
Anthem is pleased to announce that the United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America General Office and Staff Health and Welfare Plan (United Brotherhood of Carpenters) will be a new client effective September 1, 2018. United Brotherhood of Carpenters will be offering their approximately 350 employees/dependents benefit options accessing Anthem’s PPO Network. This new group will have a unique three-character prefix of JVU.
Operational procedures for United Brotherhood of Carpenters are the same as any other Local Plan members with the following exceptions:
- Provider Customer Service for Eligibility & Benefits (E&B) is managed by BeneSys Administrators Customer Service 855-550-1696
- (E&B can be accessed through Availity, as with other Local Plan members)
- Authorizations/Pre-certifications are available at Hines & Associates Utilization Management 800-323-3454
As with other Local Plan members, utilize the contact information below:
- Claims should be filed directly to your Local Blue Cross and Blue Shield office, either electronically or mailed to:
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
P.O. Box 5747
Denver, CO 80217-5747
- Online self-service options are available to providers through the Availity portal, giving you access to the same information you receive when calling customer service, and provides patient specific information, such as eligibility, benefits, claim status, line-level detail, and payment information. Availity is a multi-payer secure provider portal available at www.availity.com.
September 2018 Anthem Provider Newsletter - NV