New Year brings new ID cards for many Anthem members
Tips for Success: When Anthem members arrive at your office or facility, ask to see their current member identification card at each visit. Many of our members no longer receive a paper card so they will present you with their digital card on their mobile device. Requesting a copy of the most current ID card will help you:
- Identify the member’s product
- Obtain health plan contact information
- Speed claims processing
Note: Claims submitted with an incorrect ID number may be unable to be processed and may be returned for correction and resubmission with the correct ID.
Tips for Success: When you contact a member about a claim returned for an invalid ID, and they do not recall receiving a new ID card or they misplaced their ID card, please ask the member to confirm their member ID using one of the following options:
- Log in to their member account on anthem.com
- Use Anthem mobile app called Sydney (formerly Anthem Anywhere) to access their electronic ID card
- Members can fax or email their most current card from anthem.com, or the Sydney mobile app, to your office if needed.
- Call their Anthem member services number
Following the tips above will result in a successful start to your New Year.
January 2020 Anthem Provider News and Important Updates - Nevada