New Strategic Provider System implementation May 2022
This communication applies to Medicaid under Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Healthcare Solutions and Medicare Advantage under Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Anthem).
Strategic Provider System to launch in May
In May 2022, Anthem will replace the current data management system with the new and significantly improved Strategic Provider System (SPS). The SPS data website will increase provider data accuracy, transparency, and timeliness, creating an enhanced provider experience.
SPS offers robust support features that will improve the ability of Anthem to match submitted claims, resulting in more accurate pricing and processing. The easy-to-use website will allow you to:
- Digitally submit demographic data to one location.
- Maintain, update, and verify demographic data using a single website.
- Receive clear on-screen alerts and guidance as you maintain your data.
- Obtain access to a simplified quick verification process that will allow you to complete required verifications online, eliminating the need to fax, email, or use separate online forms.
- Receive periodic reminders to help you keep your information current.
What you need to do to get ready for the change
If already enrolled in Availity,* no further action is needed. If you are not enrolled, go to availity.com and select the orange Register button. Availity is our secure provider website platform, where you can enjoy the convenience of digital transactions, including prior authorization and claims submission, as well as benefit and eligibility look-up.
May 2022 Anthem Provider News - Nevada