Model of Care required training
As a contracted provider for a Special Needs Plan (SNP) from Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Anthem), you are required to participate in an annual training on Anthem’s Model of Care. This training includes a detailed overview of SNPs and program information highlighting cost sharing, data sharing, participation in the Interdisciplinary Care Team (ICT), where to access the member’s health risk assessment results, plan of care, and benefit coordination.
Training for Anthem’s SNP product is self-paced and available on the Availity* Portal at https://www.availity.com.
How to access the Custom Learning Center on the Availity Portal:
- Log in to Availity at https://www.availity.com.
- At the top, select Payer Spaces and select the appropriate payer.
- On the Payer Spaces landing page, select Access Your Custom Learning Center from Applications.
- In the Custom Learning Center, select Required Training.
- Select Special Needs Plan and Model of Care Overview.
- Select Enroll.
- Select Start.
- Once the course is completed, select Begin Attestation and complete.
Not registered for the Availity Portal?
Have your organization’s designated administrator register your organization for Availity.
- Visit https://www.availity.com to register.
- Select Register.
- Select your organization type.
- In the Registration wizard, follow the prompts to complete the registration for your organization.
Refer to the PDF documents at https://apps.availity.com/availity/Demos/Registration/index.htm for complete registration instructions.
When you log in to Availity for the first time, you will be prompted to:
- Accept privacy and security statements.
- Accept a confidentiality agreement.
- Choose three security questions and answers.
- Create a new password.
- Verify your email address.
If you have questions regarding Availity Portal registration, please contact Availity Client Services at
Additional SNP reference materials for Medicare, including provider manuals, can be found on the provider website at https://www.anthem.com/provider/medicare-advantage.
Anthem is required to maintain a record of your annual Model of Care training. Please complete the attestation located at the end of the training to indicate completion.
April 2022 Anthem Provider News - Nevada