ATTENTION! Availity launches additional changes to the new look to our Medical Attachment submission tool
- File size -- each attachment can be up to 10 MB, with a maximum of 30 MB as the file size limit for all attachments combined
- The addition of logos in your dashboard make it easy to quickly identify each payer
- The original Medical Attachment tool will be retired from the Availity Portal soon, so we encourage you to now start utilizing the new updated option titled ‘Attachments - New’. Once a date has been determined for the original Medical Attachment Tool retirement we will begin communication.
Other features of the updated medical attachment include:
- The ability to submit an itemized bill
- A different link tilted “Attachments - New” where you will now submit medical records when Anthem has requested additional information to process a claim
- A new link on the attachment page called “Send Attachment(s)” will allow you to start the process
- A record history of each entry provides you increased visibility of your submission
The Medical Attachment tool makes the process of submitting an electronic documentation in support of a claim, simple and streamlined. You can use your tax identification number (TIN) or your NPI to register and submit solicited (requested by Anthem) medical record attachments through the Availity Portal.
NOTE: We will continue to keep you informed of upcoming changes to the “Attachments – New” platform as we progress toward streamlining our electronic documentation functionality.
How to Access solicited Medical Attachments for Your Office
Availity Administrator, complete these steps:
From My Account Dashboard, select Enrollments Center | Medical Attachments Setup, follow the prompts and complete the following sections:
- Select Application | choose Medical Attachments Registration
- Provider Management | Select Organization from the drop-down
- Add NPIs and/or Tax IDs (Multiples can be added separated by spaces or semi-colons)
- Assign User access by checking the box in front of the User’s name
- Users may be removed by unchecking their name
Using Medical Attachments
Availity User, complete these steps:
- Log in to www.availity.com
- Select Claims and Payments | Attachments - New | Send Attachment(s)
- Complete all required fields of the form
- Attach supporting documentation
To access additional training for this Availity feature: Log in and select Help & Training | Get Trained to open the Availity Learning Center (ALC) Catalog in a new browser tab. It is your dedicated ALC account. Search the Catalog by keyword “attachments” to find training demo and on-demand courses. Choose your preferred training option, then select Enroll to enroll for a course. Go to your Dashboard to access it any time.
“Working with Anthem” webinars
Don’t forget we are also hosting our “Working with Anthem” webinars and this month’s topic will be the Availity Tools and Functionality Overview. Check out our registration link to register today!
May 2019 Anthem Provider Newsletter - Nevada