Join Anthem in talking about racism and its impact on health, and earn continuing education credits!
We can impact the injustice of racism together.
Anthem has partnered with Motivo*, the first HIPAA-compliant digital platform that connects mental health therapists and clinical supervisors, to engage providers and associates in conversations on racial injustice, trauma, and inequality. Together, we are continuing to evolve the conversation and digging deeper on a quarterly basis to keep the dialogue going.
Our racial equity forums focus on:
- Exploring how racism impacts health outcomes.
- Discussing how to identify racism in your practice and how to be an ally to your patients.
- Recognizing implicit bias (we all have it!) and how it affects the care provided to your patients.
- Understanding the impact of prolonged exposure to racism on people of .
- Providing you with actionable resources to recognize and reduce racism that may exist in your practice.
Since October 2020, Anthem has sponsored four virtual forums:
- Racial Trauma in America
- The Road to Allyship: Playing Your Part in Racial Equity
- In Pursuit of Racial Equity: Deconstructing Bias Forum
- Exploring the Impact of Racial Trauma on the Health & Wellbeing of Children.
Please register the date for the next forum:
Continuing education credits available for those who sign up and participate!
The first step in doing your part to addressing racism is to recognize that it exists.
These conversations may feel uncomfortable at first, and that’s okay – this is how we will make progress together in creating a more just and equitable society.
*Motivo is an independent company providing a virtual forum on behalf of Anthem.
November 2021 Anthem Provider News - Missouri