Updates to AIM Radiation Oncology: Proton Beam Therapy Clinical Appropriateness Guideline
Effective for dates of service on and after November 10, 2019, the following updates will apply to the AIM Radiation Oncology: Proton Beam Therapy Clinical Appropriateness Guideline.
- Sinonasal cancer: Added criteria and diagnosis codes for locally advanced sinonasal cancer when tumor involves base of skull and proton beam therapy is needed to spare orbit, optic nerve, optic chiasm, or brainstem
- Ocular Melanoma: Removed tumor size restrictions for treating melanoma of the uveal tract
- Pediatric tumors: Clarified proton beam therapy appropriate for all pediatric tumors requiring radiation therapy
Ordering and servicing providers may submit prior authorization requests to AIM in one of several ways:
- Access AIM’s ProviderPortalSM directly at providerportal.com. Online access is available 24/7 to process orders in real-time, and is the fastest and most convenient way to request authorization.
- Access AIM via the Availity Web Portal at availity.com
- Call the AIM Contact Center toll-free number: 866-714-1107, Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
For questions related to guidelines, please contact AIM via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, you may access and download a copy of the current guidelines here.
August 2019 Anthem Maine Provider News