Update to AIM Sleep Disorder Management Clinical Appropriateness Guidelines
Effective for dates of service on and after June 29, 2019, the following updates will apply to the AIM Sleep Disorder Management Clinical Appropriateness Guidelines.
- Reconfigured structure of BPAP with and without back-up rate feature criteria for patients with established central sleep apnea (CSA)
- Removed the criteria to try rate support for CSA
As a reminder, ordering and servicing providers may submit prior authorization requests to AIM in one of several ways:
- Access AIM’s ProviderPortalSM directly at providerportal.com. Online access is available 24/7 to process orders in real-time, and is the fastest and most convenient way to request authorization.
- Access AIM via the Availity Web Portal at availity.com
- Call the AIM Contact Center toll-free number: 866-714-1107, Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Please note, this program does not apply to the Federal Employee Program® (FEP®), Taft-Hartley and BlueCard® Plans and programs.
For questions related to guidelines, please contact AIM via email at email@example.com. Additionally, you may access and download a copy of the current guidelines here.
April 2019 Anthem Maine Provider Newsletter