Some of your patients will begin moving to IngenioRx in Q2 2019
In January, Anthem, Inc. announced that it’s accelerating the launch of IngenioRx, its new pharmacy benefits manager (PBM), which will serve members of all Anthem’s affiliated health plans. We will begin moving some members to IngenioRx in Q2, and we will continue the transition, in waves, with the majority of members moving in the latter part of 2019 and Q1 2020.
As one of our contracted providers, we wanted to share a few details about what this means for you.
- If your patient has an active prior authorization it will transfer to IngenioRx.
- If your patient currently fills home delivery or specialty prescriptions through Express Scripts, prescriptions with at least one refill will be transferred, with the exception of controlled substances and compound drugs, to IngenioRx Home Delivery Pharmacy and IngenioRx Specialty Pharmacy.
- As your patients transition, new home delivery and specialty prescriptions will need to be sent to IngenioRx.
- For providers using ePrescribing there are no changes, simply select IngenioRx.
- For providers who do not use ePrescribing, you should send your home delivery and specialty prescriptions to IngenioRx.
IngenioRx Home Delivery Pharmacy new prescriptions:
Phone Number: 833-203-1742
Fax number: 800-378-0323
IngenioRx Specialty Pharmacy:
Prescriber phone: 833-262-1726
Prescriber fax: 833-263-2871
- If you want to check whether or not a specific patient has moved to IngenioRx, Availity will display the member’s PBM information under the patient information section as part of the eligibility and benefits inquiry.
- If you have immediate questions, you can contact the Provider Service phone number on the back of your patient’s ID card or call the number you normally use for questions.
March 2019 Anthem Maine Provider Newsletter