Reminder - New ID cards for many Anthem members
As a reminder, please be sure to ask all Anthem members for their current ID cards when they present at your office. In addition to the changes that occurred in the beginning of 2020, many members were assigned new ID numbers with new prefixes effective July 1, 2020. New ID cards were provided digitally or mailed to all affected members.
It is important that providers are verifying member eligibility and benefits using the new ID card. The quickest and easiest way to check is by using Availity.com. We understand some of these affected members may be presenting with their former ID cards that are no longer valid. To help ensure claims are processed appropriately, here is some helpful information.
- Ask to see the member’s current ID card at each visit. If the member presents an ID card with an invalid number, they may be carrying their old ID card. If the member does not recall receiving a new ID card or they misplaced their ID card, please ask the member to confirm their member ID using one of the following options:
- Log in to their member account on anthem.com
- Use our mobile app called Sydney (formerly Anthem Anywhere) to access their electronic ID card
- Fax or email their most current card from anthem.com or the mobile APP to your office if needed
- Call their member services number
Please note: Claims submitted with an incorrect ID number may be unable to be processed and may be returned for correction and resubmission with the correct ID. Upon receiving the correct ID number from the member, please be sure to submit the claim with the ID number presented exactly as it appears on the ID card. Include both the prefix and the entire number, including any zeroes.
August 2020 Anthem Maine Provider News