Engagement with your patient counts
Why is this important?
Each year, a random sample of enrolled members receive a CAHPS* Survey or a Qualified Health Plan Enrollee Survey asking them to evaluate their experiences with healthcare. The surveys ask members to rate their experiences with:
- Their health plan.
- Their personal provider.
- Their specialist.
Several responses are combined and evaluated for the following:
- Getting needed care
- Receiving care quickly
- Communicating with providers
- Sharing in the decision-making process
The responses give us an idea of how your patients and our members perceive us and provide opportunities for us to improve the way we deliver services. Our engagement and interaction with patients and members are critical. Together, we can provide positive experiences for our shared members and patients.
Members receive the survey either by mail or phone between February and May. Some of the questions they are asked include:
- In the last six1 months, how often did your personal provider explain things in a way that was easy to understand?
- In the last six1 months, how often did your personal provider listen carefully to you?
- In the last six1 months, how often did your personal provider show respect for what you had to say?
- In the last six1 months, how often did your personal provider spend enough time with you?
- Using any number from zero to 10, where zero is the worst personal provider possible, and 10 is the best personal provider possible, what number would you use to rate your personal doctor?
- We want to know your rating of the specialist you saw most often in the last six1 Using any number from zero to 10, where zero is the worst specialist possible and 10 is the best specialist possible, what number would you use to rate the specialist?
Every interaction with a patient is an opportunity to make their healthcare experience positive.
We thank you for striving to provide quality care for our members and for the continued focus on improving our member experience.
Continuing medical education (CME) education opportunities: http://www.mydiversepatients.com.
January 2023 Provider Newsletter - Maine