Attention! Availity launches changes to the Medical Attachment submission tool
In the March 2019 edition of our newsletter, Provider News, we announced the exciting updates we’ve made to the Medical Attachment submission tool. As you start using the updated medical attachment tool on the Availity Portal, you will see the following changes from the information we shared in March:
- File size – each attachment can be up to 10 MB with a maximum of 30 MB as the file size limit
- The addition of logos in your dashboard make it easy to quickly identify each payer
- The Medical Attachment tool will be retired from the Availity Portal soon, so we encourage you to start utilizing the ‘Attachment – New’ option now. We will provide an update in a future Provider News once the Medical Attachment tool retirement date is determined.
Other features of the updated medical attachment include:
- The ability to submit an itemized bill
- A different link titled “Attachment – New” where you will now submit medical records when Anthem has requested additional information to process a claim
- A new link on the attachment page called “Send Attachment” will allow you to start the process
- A record history of each entry provides you increased visibility of your submission
The Medical Attachment tool makes the process of submitting electronic documentation in support of a claim, simple and streamlined. You can use your tax identification number (TIN) or your NPI to register and submit solicited (requested by Anthem) medical record attachments through the Availity Portal.
Note: We will continue to keep you informed of upcoming changes to the ‘Attachment – New’ platform as we progress toward streamlining our electronic documentation functionality.
How to access/setup the solicited medical attachments tool for your office
Availity Administrators must complete these steps:
- From My Account Dashboard, select Enrollments Center > Medical Attachments Setup, follow the prompts and complete the following sections:
- Select Application > choose Medical Attachments Registration
- Provider Management > Select Organization from the drop-down. Add NPIs and/or tax IDs. (Multiples can be added separated by spaces or semi-colons.)
- Assign user access by checking the box in front of the user’s name. Users may be removed by unchecking their name.
Submitting medical attachments
Once the above setup is completed, Availity Users will complete these steps:
- Log in to www.availity.com.
- Select Claims and Payments > Attachments-New > Send Attachment Tab.
- Complete all required fields of the form.
- Attach supporting documentation.
To access additional training for this Availity feature:
- Log in to the Availity Portal at www.availity.com.
- At the top of any Availity portal page, click Help and Training I Get Trained to open the Availity Learning Center (ALC) Catalog in a new browser tab. It is your dedicated ALC account.
- Search the Catalog using keyword Attachments to find training demo and on-demand courses.
- Select Enroll to register for a course and then go to your Dashboard to access it any time.
May 2019 Anthem Maine Provider Newsletter