Anthem’s Provider Experience Model
Delivering world-class provider service is integral to our mission at Anthem. We redesigned our approach to provider service, and our new service model creates an improved experience when doing business with us, and ensures we support you in delivering high-quality healthcare to our members.
We are here to support you with:
- Most questions and issues can be resolved by using Anthem’s self-service tools that are available 24/7 using the Availity Portal. This includes claim payment disputes, provider data updates, claims status, verification of member benefits and eligibility, view claims status, submit and view prior authorization requests, and more.
- Use the Provider Maintenance Formto submit changes or additions to your information.
Faster access to Provider Services
- We have increased our focus to resolve issues and requests to our provider services on your first attempt.
- You can now use Availity's secure live chat function to conveniently chat with a provider service representative on most issues and requests.
- You can also speak with a provider services representative by calling the number on the back of your patient’s ID card or dialing 800-676-2583 during normal business hours. Provider services can escalate your issue to your Provider Experience representative when necessary.
Our most up-to-date contact information can be found on the Contact Us page of our provider website.
We will continue to work hard on reducing your administrative burden and operational issues, allowing you more time to focus on the care you provide patients and our members.
September 2021 Maine Provider News