Updates to AIM Advanced Imaging of the Heart Clinical Appropriateness Guideline
Effective for dates of service on and after March 14, 2021, the following updates will apply to the AIM Specialty Health®* Advanced Imaging of the Heart Clinical Appropriateness Guidelines.
Evaluation of patients with cardiac arrhythmias:
- Updated repeat TTE criteria.
- Added restrictions for patients whose initial echocardiogram shows no evidence of structural heart disease, and follow-up echocardiography is not appropriate for ongoing management of arrhythmia.
Evaluation of signs, symptoms or abnormal testing:
- Added restrictions for TTE in evaluation of palpitation and lightheadedness based on literature.
As a reminder, ordering and servicing providers may submit prior authorization requests to AIM in one of several ways:
- Access AIM’s ProviderPortalSM directly at providerportal.com.
- Online access is available 24/7 to process orders in real-time and is the fastest and most convenient way to request authorization.
- Access AIM via the Availity Portal* at availity.com.
- Call the AIM Contact Center toll-free number at 1-800-714-0040 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
If you have questions related to guidelines, please contact AIM via email at email@example.com. Additionally, you may access and download a copy of the current and upcoming guidelines here.
December 2020 Anthem Provider News - Kentucky