Submit behavioral health authorizations via our online Interactive Care Reviewer tool
Effective September 1, 2020, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Medicaid is excited to announce an enhanced process for submitting authorization requests via the Interactive Care Reviewer (ICR) tool. The enhanced ICR tool will provide the opportunity for quicker decisions and eliminate wait times associated with faxes and telephonic intake.
The ICR tool will use sophisticated clinical analytics to approve an authorization instantly for higher levels of care such as inpatient, intensive outpatient and partial hospitalization.
Benefits of the new ICR tool include:
- Reduction of administrative burden.
- Quicker access to care – 15 minutes for approval in some cases.
- Increased patient focus.
- Prioritization of more complex cases.
- Reduced possibility of errors (such as illegible faxes).
- Increased time spent with patients.
To access the ICR tool, visit Availity.com.*
If you have questions, contact your Provider Relations representative or Provider Services at 1-855-661-2028.
July 2020 Anthem Provider News - Kentucky