Resources to support your diverse patient panel
Cultural competency resources
Here is an overview of the cultural competency resources available on our provider website.
- Cultural Competency and Patient Engagement includes:
- The impact of culture and cultural competency on healthcare.
- A cultural competency continuum, which can help providers assess their level of cultural competency.
- Disability competency and information on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Caring for Diverse Populations Toolkit includes:
- Comprehensive information, tools and resources to support enhanced care for diverse patients and mitigate barriers.
- Materials that can be printed and made available for patients in provider offices.
- Regulations and standards for cultural and linguistic services.
- My Diverse Patients offers:
- A comprehensive repository of resources to providers to help support the needs of diverse patients and address disparities.
- Courses with free continuing education credit through the American Academy of Family Physicians.
- Free accessibility from any device (for example, desktop computer, laptop, phone or tablet), no account or login required.
In addition, providers can access Stronger Together, which offers free resources to support the diverse health needs of all people where they live, learn, work and play. These resources were created by our parent company in collaboration with national organizations and are available for you to share with your patients and communities.
Prevalent non-English languages (based on population data)
Like you, Anthem wants to effectively serve the needs of diverse patients. It’s important for us all to be aware of the cultural and linguistic needs of our communities, so we are sharing recent data about the prevalent
non-English languages spoken by 5% or 1,000 individuals in Kentucky.1
Prevalent non-English languages in Kentucky: Spanish
Language support services
As a reminder, Anthem provides language assistance services for our members with limited English proficiency (LEP) or hearing, speech, or visual impairments. Please see the provider manual for details on what is available and how to access resources. In addition, the cultural competency resources shared above provide guidance on communicating and serving diverse populations effectively.
August 2021 Anthem Provider News - Kentucky